I just had an opportunity to spend the last few days with my peer Solution Providers from Constant Contact. These professionals are really the cream of the crop. We invested in learning how to be better business owners ourselves, so that we can in turn help more small business and nonprofits learn to #BeaMarketer.
Here’s what I learned from the great keynotes and panelists:
- Plug the holes in your funnel. It’s not just about filling your funnel. That’s easy to do. It’s about creating true relationships, building trust and keeping people engaged until they’re ready to buy or refer you. Out of sight, out of mind. Use the technology available to us for ongoing engagement and make sure it’s a two-way conversation.
- Form the right partnerships. Who are the right people and organizations to help you scale your company? Take the time to identify them and nurture those relationships. Tools like LinkedIn can really help you figure out who can help open new doors.
- Be open to new opportunities & explore growing markets. Embrace the changing demographics in the U.S. and position yourself as an asset to the businesses in the Hispanic community. Figure out who you can partner with who already has an understanding of culture and language.
- Work smarter. Figure out what is draining you of time and energy. Hire a virtual assistant and use Apps that help you with time management and project management. Doing so, will free up time to pursue new and interesting opportunities for your business.
- Know Your Value. It’s all about the Customer Experience, so communicate the benefits you provide with your services. Don’t delve too much into the weeds…..people are mostly interested in the end result and how you can make their lives better. Communicate your value proposition and the solutions to their problems.
And, on that note, I’m so proud to announce that I was an Award Winner at this year’s conference as a runner up for the Small Business Supporter Award. (Pictured above with Gail Goodman, CEO at Constant Contact.) In their words,“This award recognizes a Solution Provider who personifies this commitment by going above and beyond to help a small business succeed.” I’m grateful and lucky to have a job that enables me to make a difference in the bottom line of so many businesses and nonprofits. Thank you!